A Bit About Me

Hello! My name is Elizabeth “Ashley” Corley. I am a junior at the University of South Alabama with a major in Secondary Education and English. Upon first entering college, I pursued a major in pharmacy-that is until chemistry slapped me in the face! It was then that I realized I was pursuing a career that was untrue to my heart. True enough, the salary would have been marvelous, but I have wanted to be a teacher nearly all my life. I can think back to many instances when I lined up all of my stuffed animals, took roll by calling each of their “names” aloud, and taught them a special lesson. It is much more important to me to spend the rest of my life doing something that I love rather than doing something merely for the money. I love to teach, I love to inspire, and I am quit good at it. For that, I will make a positive and significant impact on my future students while I am doing what I love.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Involvement, Motivation, & Dedication

I believe that the most important principles essential to influential teaching are involvement, dedication, and motivation. So many students slip through teachers’ hands because there is a lack of concern, a lack of involvement, dedication. We are here to make a difference in our students’ lives-teach them relative and useful information and do everything in our power, everything within our means not to let them slip through our hands. As an educator, my main concerns will be to motivate my students, stay dedicated to each of them, and give them knowledge that they will retain and implement into their everyday and/or future lives-not merely teaching them facts to remember while they are in my class then forget it (no “burpback” education).

No comments: