A Bit About Me

Hello! My name is Elizabeth “Ashley” Corley. I am a junior at the University of South Alabama with a major in Secondary Education and English. Upon first entering college, I pursued a major in pharmacy-that is until chemistry slapped me in the face! It was then that I realized I was pursuing a career that was untrue to my heart. True enough, the salary would have been marvelous, but I have wanted to be a teacher nearly all my life. I can think back to many instances when I lined up all of my stuffed animals, took roll by calling each of their “names” aloud, and taught them a special lesson. It is much more important to me to spend the rest of my life doing something that I love rather than doing something merely for the money. I love to teach, I love to inspire, and I am quit good at it. For that, I will make a positive and significant impact on my future students while I am doing what I love.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

ACCESS

ACCESS, the acronym for Alabama Connecting Classrooms, Educators, and Students Statewide, is yet another wonderful program offered to Alabama teachers, faculty, students, and their parents. ACCESS reaches out to students by offering them the opportunity to take elective, Advanced Placement, and other on-line courses that may not be offered in their schools. Students may take a wide variety of classes ranging from chemistry to foreign languages. They are even offered supportive resources, such as an interactive on-line chemistry lab. Through ACCES, teachers and faculty are given the opportunity to infiltrate the use of technology and help many students across the state of Alabama by inviting their knowledge, expertise, and desire to help. Again, parents are not left out of the equation. They, too, have the ability to view the courses and course descriptions offered to their child/children, along with a helpful guide.

I was, once again, impressed with the websites and tools Alabama has to offer its students, faculty, and parents. ACCESS is great for students, and parents, that want to take their education a step farther, and I definitely plan to incorporate this website into my classroom in the future and into my home as a parent.

No comments: